Eggplant Feta Chicken Pizza
Who doesn't love pizza! What if there was a gluten free, low a calorie option to indulge in your favorite weekend food?
Eggplant is now fresh in our market and makes and is an egg-cellent, and healthy option for every pizza craving. The best part? Its super simple!
- 3 Medium Eggplants
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Dried Oregano
- 1 Can of Pizza sauce (Or you can make your own!)
- 2 Chicken breast
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese
- Cut Eggplant into inch thick slices and lay flat on a paper towel to dry out for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Blot Eggplant with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture, and lay them flat on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- While the eggplant is baking, cook the chicken in a skillet frying pan or on the BBQ.
- Remove eggplant from the oven. Add the toppings as desired.
- Place the pizzas back in oven on broil for 3-4 minutes. Ensure you watch them closely so they do not burn.
**Original Little Island Baker Recipe"
Home Made Tomato Sauce:
- 8 Large Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1 TSP Salt + 1 Pinch
- 1 TSP Lemon Thyme
- 1 TSP Basil
- 2 TBSP Corn starch
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the tomatoes. After 1 minute in the boiling water, the tomatoes should begin to "crack".
- Carefully remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and transfer to an ice bath. Carefully peel the skin off the tomatoes and dispose of them. Slice tomatoes into quarters.
- Add the oil and garlic to large pot, and simmer on low heat until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot (Except the corn starch) and let simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Add 1 TBSP of Corn starch, stirring in well.
- Let simmer for another hour to hour and a half to reduce the sauce down.