"Immune Boosting" Kale Tomato Soup
We have all had that feeling. You're at home feeling stuffed up with no energy and no amount of blankets can keep away the chill. Personally, a big bowl of soup never fails to put me in a better mood! This recipe is easy, delicious, and vegetarian friendly!
Oh, and did I mention that you can freeze it for convenience? This is the ultimate pick me up; packed with loads of vitamins and nutrients to get you back to your day to day schedule!
- 2 Medium White Onions (Chopped)
- 4 Green Onions (Chopped)
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Kale (Chopped and de-spined)
- 5 Carrots (Chopped)
- 2 Parsnip (Chopped)
- 4 Potatoes (Diced)
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (Diced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1/2 Banana Pepper (Seeded and Minced)
- 1/2 Jalapeno (Seeded and Minced)
- 1 TSP Basil
- 1 TSP Oregano
- 1 Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- Preheat oven to 325 and begin preparing all the vegetables.
- On a baking sheet add tomatoes, garlic, and hot peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onions, and green onion. Simmer on low for 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the kale to the pot, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add a little vegetable broth, potatoes, parsnip, carrot, and spices to the pot. You should add enough broth to just barely cover the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth to the pan. Cover and let simmer.
- Turn off the oven and remove the pan from the oven. Transfer all the contents to a heatproof bowl. Using an immersion blender, carefully blend all the ingredients until smooth. If you do not have access to an immersion blender, simply transfer the contents tot a regular blender and blend until smooth. Be careful during this step as contents are very hot.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pot.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minute or until potatoes are softened.