White Turnip and Potato Purée
- 2 white turnips
- 1 large potato
- 1 large onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary finely chopped
- 2 good pinches each of salt and pepper (or to taste)
1. Peel and roughly chop turnip and potato.
2. Place turnip and potato in large pot of salted water, and bring to boil. Simmer until fork tender. Drain off all water and set aside.
3. Slice onion and fry in extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Add salt and pepper.
4. Once the onions are golden brown (caramelized), add garlic and rosemary, fry with onions for a few minutes.
5. Place turnip and potato along with the onion, garlic, and rosemary into a large bowl, and give it a quick mash.
5. Add everything to blender, and blitz until smooth.
6. Return mixture to the pot, and add grated Parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
7. Adjust seasoning (add more salt and pepper as needed).